Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How to: Ship Outside of the US

Now most of you probably are going to get bored reading this article, but I feel as though someone should write about this topic. I just recently got some of my first orders for places not in the US and it was a confusing few days. I finally ended up just going over to my local post office and ask what I needed to ship the package. But my closest post office takes me about 15 minutes to drive through so I am going to share with you how I would suggest tackling this daunting task!

Let's get started!!

I have only shipped to Canada and Australia but I assume most places are similar.

1) Next time you are at your post-office ask them for a few custom forms (this makes it so much easier when it gets time to shipping).
2) Get your package ready:
a. print the return label or write it on your package
b. use printable address labels and print one out (don't stick it on the package yet!)
3) Fill out the customs form
4) Bring all of the following to your post office:
Package (with whatever you are shipping inside)
Return Label
Address Label
Custom Form
Credit card, money, etc.
5) Pay for shipping and give the postman your customs form. They will put it on your package and then place the address label where it is visible and not covering the customs form.
6) Make sure everything is in place and mail!!

Shipping outisde of the US seemed like a daunting task but it was so much easier than I thought it would be. Shipping prices were about $2.59 to Australia and about $1.98 to Canada. I used the most basic methods of shipping. 

Hopefully this at least helped everyone a little bit!!

Thanks for reading my blog!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great idea to share this with others! I get freaked out to do new things such as this if I don't know what to expect. I'm sure lots of people will feel better about the whole idea after reading this - I know it made it seem a lot more do-able to me :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...