Saturday, February 19, 2011

Polymer Clay 101: Fun Items to Use with Polymer Clay

Okay so now you have gotten started with polymer clay, and just having clay is getting boring right? Well here are some of my favorite tools and supplies that I use along with my polymer clay:

  1. Chalk Pastels: These are a must when making food! You can use the orange one to give items a cooked look, use the white for powdered sugar, brown for cinnamon and so much more. I picked up a huge set of them at Michaels for only about $6.
  2. Clay Tools: I recently bought a set of clay tools from Michaels. I found it in the row with all of the polymer clay, and now I have no idea what I would do without some of the tools from that set!
  3. Glass Marble Beads: These are great for sprinkles, you can find them in the scrap booking section and they cost $1.99 for 2 tubes of them
  4. TLS: This is basically liquid clay that you can use for so much! It is more expensive than regular clay but has so many uses. For instance: frosting and whipped cream.
  5. Paintbrushes: Use them to put on chalk pastels, apply glaze. Use the ends to make holes or anything else.
  6. Mini Cookie Cutters: I found these in the polymer clay row and they have so many ways to use them.
This is just a few of the items that you can purchase, but these are the things that I use the most.
And just remember, have fun!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...